Monday, July 13, 2009

The Socratic Universe Week 1 Post 5

I wasnt going to get into ch. 7, What do you think happens when you die?, but since my last post was ending in a way towards afterlife ill pick it up from there.  Afterlife is curious topic because everyone has a different view of what happens.  Many people believe in Heaven and Hell. Many people believe in reincarnation and becoming a different energy in our world. And some think that  we just go blank and our bodies decompose. My personal take on life after death is that we just go blank and decompose.  However, there are times I think that maybe there is an afterlife and come back as someone or something else. But I think thats mostly optimism and wishful thinking on my part. I'm a firm believer in we get one shot at life.

 

            It seems as though many of the philosophers that were interviewed felt the same way I do.  McCann, as he did in my last post, said that he would like to ask the person asking the question, “why is this a significant question?” Obviously a lot of people would want to know this question because it could have a huge impact on how we live our lives.  I personally feel like this question is a question no one can answer, however needs to be thought of and talked about until a person gets a clear idea about what they think happens. A person just needs to make sure they are at peace with what they are choosing to believe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment