Monday, July 13, 2009

Darwin's DNA Week 1 Post 9

I chose to select an ebook out of the recommended readings called Darwins DNA because I like the topic of darwinism and the whole theory of evolution. I enjoy this topic because I think that it is most likely true about our world. I find it interesting because, to me, it describes where we come from and it answers a lot of the basic questions we have about life. Why we think the way we do and how we got here in the first place.  A lot of times when I read the different materials we are required to read I actually really get into the reading so much that I lose a lot of time thinking about it so much.  I am actually getting a lot out of reading these materials in more ways then just getting a good grade in class I could use this material and apply it to every single aspect of my life.  Its very interesting stuff.

 

            Because of Darwin, there has recently been new fields of study such as Evolutionary Psychology and Evolutionary Philosophy to develop in the last 100 to 200 years or so.  My personal opinion is that those two studys are going to be very important for a long time to play a large role in finding out how we got this way and how we can use that information to our advantage from this point on.  These are the types of things that will help us to answer these interesting but nearly impossible questions to answer.  For instance, it can help determine why we have a state of consciousness in all of us.  Over time we probably needed to think critically for our own survival which likely led to our consciousness adaptation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment